Large vacation ticket costs, reward efficiencies and also big target markets stimulated a significant rise of virtually 50% in Broadway ticket office recently (finishing Jan. 1) over the previous week, with manufacturings consisting of Amusing Woman, MJ, 6, Beetlejuice and also & & Juliet amongst the programs wrecking home documents.
With 20 of the 33 programs including a nine holiday-week efficiency to the normal eight-performance routine, and also general ticket costs up 14% for the New Year’s week, Broadway made a remarkable $51,912,226, a dive of 49% from the week finishing Dec. 25. Presence was up 31% to 311,447. Broadway’s ordinary ticket rate, with costs vacation costs numbers in, was $166.68, contrasted to $146.02 the previous week.
In all, concerning 92% of the week’s Broadway seats were inhabited, contrasted to 84% throughout Xmas week.
As well as contrasted to in 2015’s New Years week ticket office tally of $26M, the sector was up a significant 97%.
The capacities and also greater costs caused the anticipated plethora of damaged home documents. Amongst the programs establishing brand-new ticket office tally highs at their particular locations were:
- 6, offering out at the lately relabelled Lena Horne Movie theater and also earning $1,649,206 for 8 efficiencies, besting the previous document of $1,626,478 established by Waitress in January 2018 at the then-named Brooks Atkinson Theater. Ordinary ticket rate was $200, up from $160 the previous week;
- Amusing Woman established a brand-new ticket office document at the August Wilson Theater, earning $2,405,901 for a nine-performance week. The resurgence established the previous home document with an eight-performance take of $2,005,696 in December. Ordinary ticket rate recently was $235, up from $223;
- Beetlejuice established a brand-new nine-performance document at the Marquis with $2,462,831. The number was achieved also without celebrity Alex Brightman in the title duty (the star endured a trauma throughout an on-stage accident throughout the Xmas Eve efficiency); ordinary ticket leapt $40 to $169;
- & & Juliet(* )damaged the nine-performance document at the Stephen Sondheim Theater with a take of $1,639,788. The previous document of $1,546,950 was established by Lovely in 2014, and also an associate for & & Juliet(* )keeps in mind that the achievement was attained with a reduced vacation costs rate ($ 325 contrasted to Lovely‘s $350). The ordinary ticket rate for & & Juliet was $177, just a little bit more than the Carole King musical’s $175; MJ damaged its 10th home document at the Neil Simon Theater with a take of $2,223,069; ordinary ticket was $200;
- Chicago bested its very own vacation week document, embeded in pre-pandemic 2017 at the Ambassador Theater, with a gross of $1,299,400 and also a $132 standard ticket rate.
Likewise of note, The Piano Lesson
was just one of the greatest earning non-musical plays of the week with a take of $1,140,437 at the Ethel Barrymore, making the resurgence the greatest earning August Wilson play ever before on Broadway. The manufacturing has actually been expanded via January 29. The non-musical Harry Potter and also the Cursed Kid absorbed $2.7 M for the week, a number the manufacturings states is the greatest once a week gross for a non-musical in Broadway background, damaging its very own document embeded in 2018.
Various other programs in the $1 million+ vacation club were: An Attractive Sound, The Neil Ruby Music
($ 1,425,882); Aladdin ($ 2,849,723); Nearly Famous ($ 1,055,042); Hadestown ($ 1,279,810); Hamilton ($ 2,740,599); Into the Woods ($ 1,892,625); Moulin Rouge! ($ 1,975,132); Some Like It Warm ($ 1,176,786); Guide of Mormon ($ 1,680,124); The Lion King ( with a fantastic $4,315,264 and also ordinary ticket of $285); The Songs Guy ($ 3,971,531, ordinary ticket likewise $285); The Phantom of the Opera ($ 2,788,017); and also Evil ($ 3,152,679).
A Xmas Carol starring Jefferson Mays played its last week, sliding by simply over $200,000 from Xmas Week to $522,424.
Period to day, Broadway has actually made $965,623,088, with total amount presence of 7,442,244 at concerning 87% of ability.
All numbers thanks to The Broadway Organization. For the full ticket office listings, see the Organization’s site.